I have been posting the series “Concrete Mix Design: Art and Science” for several months now and I have realized that it is a bit of a pain to try to find the articles to read the series from start to finish. Here is a Table of Contents that will take you through the series. Happy reading! (updated 10/25/13)
- Introduction – http://www.commandalkonconnect.com/2013/06/03/concrete-mix-design-art-and-science-introduction/
- Specifications – http://www.commandalkonconnect.com/2013/06/17/concrete-mix-design-art-science-specifications/
- Aggregates – http://www.commandalkonconnect.com/2013/07/01/concrete-mix-design-art-and-science-aggregates/
- Paste – http://www.commandalkonconnect.com/2013/07/15/concrete-mix-design-art-and-science-paste/
- Aggregate Packing vs. Combined Grading – http://www.commandalkonconnect.com/2013/07/30/concrete-mix-design-art-and-science-aggregate-packing-vs-combined-grading/
- Introduction to Particle Packing – http://www.commandalkonconnect.com/2013/08/12/concrete-mix-design-art-and-science-introduction-to-particle-packing/
- ACI 211 and Particle Packing – http://www.commandalkonconnect.com/2013/08/26/concrete-mix-design-art-and-science-aci-211-and-particle-packing/
- Joe Dewar on MixSim – http://www.commandalkonconnect.com/2013/09/09/concrete-mix-design-art-and-science-joe-dewar-on-mixsim/
- Ternary Packing Diagams – http://www.commandalkonconnect.com/2013/09/23/concrete-mix-design-art-and-science-ternary-packing-diagrams/
- Particle Packing Hits the Wall – http://www.commandalkonconnect.com/2013/10/21/concrete-mix-design-art-and-science-particle-packing-hits-the-wall/
I plan on continuing the series with more articles on proportioning aggregates, then a series on proportioning paste. After that I will probably do a series on materials, testing and special conditions.
To wrap the whole thing up, I will probably compile everything into an e-book.
Of course, as they say, “If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.”
I hope you enjoy this series.